Wilson's Hospital School is recruiting a new Bursar. The position arises due to the impending retirement of Mr Liam Coyle. The details are below:
Head of Finance & Facilities/Bursar
Wilson’s Hospital School, near Mullingar, Co. Westmeath, wishes to recruit a Head of Finance and Facilities (Bursar). The school is one of the longest established schools In Ireland and is under the Trusteeship of Archbishops and Bishops of the Church of Ireland who have delegated the governance to the school’s Board of Directors. The school is coeducational and has a strong boarding element among its pupils. It is an ideal role for an experienced financial professional who has gained strong operational exposure.
The post will be available on the retirement of the present bursar on 31 December 2021.
The successful candidate will work closely and be responsible to the Principal and will provide Financial, Estate and Asset information to the Board of Directors and their sub-boards.
· All aspects of financial management, cost control and budgeting
· Lead of the operation’s Capital Expenditure applying best practice
· Oversight of Grants processes both in-house and external.
· Oversight of the organisation’s HR and IT operations – providing cost effective and relevant leadership.
· Campus management of all facilities to ensure health & safety, environment and ROI priorities are effectively managed.
· Management of non-academic staff
· Ideally suited to a qualified financial professional who has provided leadership across several functions.
· Should be able to demonstrate marketing skills
· Must have excellent communication skills
· Can show leadership skills especially with regards to project management
· Relationship management will be a key part of the role and the ability to work across different functions to make suitable progress.
Salary – An attractive salary and benefit package will be available to the successful individual.
Candidates should submit a CV to Paul McClatchie before Tuesday, 3 August at 5.30pm.
Wilson’s Hospital is an equal opportunities employer.