Teaching and learning at WHS moved online on Monday 11th January.

January 29th 2018

Sports & Extra Curricular Events 29th Jan - 4th February 2018



Tuesday 30th January.

Hockey. The 1st & 2nd Year Boys team played a home match against The King's Hospital School. In very cold conditions. The Wilson's lads got off to a super start scoring early opin the first half. However a momentary lapse in concentration led to a KH goal. Wilson's had an abundance of goal scoring opportunities but just couldn't seem to find the net. Tom was brilliant on the right wing and made some excellent runs down the line with Wilson's unlcky not to capitalise.

The second half saw KH come out fighting in what was a very evenly contested match. The Wilson's defensive unit of Malcolm, Mario, AJ and Nathan held firm defending multiple short corners. As the second half progressed Scott and Eoin C were unlucky not to score. Tiredness kicked in and unfortunately in the final minute of the game KH scored a winning goal. A disheartening end to what was a fantastic team performance. Well done lads!


Rugby. The Junior Boys Cup Team came up against Kilkenny College In the semi final of the Fr. Gidfrey Cup. The venue was Coolmine RFC with perfect conditions - no breeze and plenty of vocal support for both teams.

Wilsons made a positive start and retained the ball very well in the opening stages. Kilkenny were the first to score. Their quick handling backs registered two scores in succession. To make matters worse, Denians received a yellow card for a dangerous tackle which left Wilson's down to 14 players for the last seven minutes of the first half. The half time score was 14-0 to Kilkenny.

Kilkenny registered the first score in the second half with their hard hitting second row going over from close range. They added two further tries to leave their tally at 29 points.

The final score of the game went to Wilson's and was well deserved. Ben kicked and gathered a bouncing ball before outpacing the Kilkenny cover to score under the posts. It was by far the best score of the game. Denians went close in the closing stages which would have been just reward for his hard work but he was held up just short. The final score was 29-7 to Kilkenny College.

The pick of the backs were Al-Amin, Ben and Denians. Al-Amin again put in some massive work in defence. In the pack Mark, Jeffrey and Ola led with a massive work rate and stopped many a promising attack from Kilkenny.

We would like to wish Kilkenny College all the best in the final against Wesley College.



4cr  5 cr



Wednesday 31st January.

Rugby. The U14 Boys team had an away fixture against Clongowes Wood. Conditions were not ideal. A strong breeze was blowing down the pitch and the ground was sticky underfoot. Wilson's played much better in the first half. Tries from Stephen, Matthew, Devine and Reuben and three conversions from Stephen gave us a 26-7 half time lead.  A wonderful intercept from Stephen and two length of the field runs from Devine and Reuben were the pick of the play.

Several changes at half time slowed down the momentum in the second half. Clongowes got a foothold in the game thanks to their strong running number 8 adding tris to leave only 7 between the teams. Wilson's regrouped well and added further tries through Daniel and Eoghan (his first ever try). This gave Wilson's some breathing space.

The platform for this win was laid by some excellent work from the pack. Eddie, Nathan, Danuel and Ross were fantastic and in the backs Tom was very good at 10 while Edward and Matt were very good particularly in defence. Daniel was named man of the match. Next week our first and second year teams travel to St. Paul's. Well done team!